Friday, July 2, 2010

PLANTING SUNFLOWERS...

Sorry- no pic for this post but I just had to share!! Finally some nice evenings where Jared can actually come outside and not be soaking wet!! The other evening, I found some packs of sunflower seeds in the freezer. Hank had taken down the old rotting fencing that surrounded my little herb/veggie garden and put up a wonderful picket fence instead- what a difference. Anyway, I decided to go ahead and plant the seeds around the fence- maybe they will come up for the fall. Jared anxiously held the packs of seeds as we traveled on the golf cart to the garden. I decided to let him help and see what happened!! To my surprise - he was so excited to plant the seeds. After showing him just a couple of times what to do- he carefully dropped the seeds in the trench as I scooted down the row pointing to the soil. Every day is a new adventure with him and he is teaching me so much about the simple pleasures in life- which I thought I already had a pretty good grasp on. We will wait to see if the sunflowers will grow and what a thrill it will be for him to see what he planted. I will share pics soon of the improved garden- have a wonderful evening!!

1 comment:

Shelby J. said...

Oh Debbie, how sweet is that. I can see him now with the little seeds and B-bopping on the golf cart. I'm gonna have to come and see him soon :)