Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ohio Amish Country




We took a trip to Ohio a couple of weeks ago to visit the Amish area. Our trip began on Friday at Curry's Antiques in Lancaster, OH. If you have never been there before- it's a great trip. Ginny and Bill have a beautiful place with wonderful cabins and a gorgeous shop!! After visiting a few more places that day, we retired to a great B & B in Alexandria called Willowbrook B&B. With a little one, it was a great place for peace and quiet. The owner was a gracious host and made sure she had something for Jared's breakfast! Then we were off to the Simple Goods show the next day. It was good to see friends- and even some of my customers!! After the show we headed further north just above Berlin to spend a couple of nights in Walnut Creek OH. What a nice place!! It was a beautiful area and we also hit a lot of antique shops. My favorite was Seville Antiques, which was about 45 minutes north of Walnut Creek. I must say that it was one of the best shops I have ever been to . If you are ever in that area- it is a must visit!!! It was a nice get away but alas the sewing machine beckons me back as I prepare for the upcoming Christmas season. Please be sure to visit the website for details about our Christmas event. Feel free to contact me for additional info. about places we visited while in Ohio.




No comments: