Monday, January 11, 2010

Favorite things...

Sometimes it's easy to forget the simplest things but they are usually our favorites! As I am continuing to work on the interior of our home - I've been at it for 10 years- I forget about some of my favorite things! Many times there are things tucked away in closets that will make the perfect prim accessory to a room. My old teddy bear is one of those things. For the longest time, he was carefully tucked away for safekeeping in a closet - WHY??? I can't help it but I still love my teddy. His name is TEDDY BEAR (how creative- ha ha). He now sits quietly in a small chair in one of the upstairs bedrooms. He does have a few friends sitting just across the way but Teddy is just so special, he need not be paired with another. My grandmother bought him in Florida when my mother was about 13 or 14. He became mine when I came along and we have been together ever since! Oh how I love Teddy. He has been stitched up many times. His nose was lost decades ago on a Saturday grocery trip inside the A & P. He has had lipstick applied (and then cleaned off). He now is displayed proudly for everyone to see.
Teddy is just one of my favorite things!!

No comments: